DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deaf Ed Inter (AA Degree)
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Openings as of 1/24/2020
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- Deaf Ed Inter (AA Degree) JobID: 2763
- Position Type:
Clerical / Paraprofessional/Deaf Education Interpreter
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
19-20 School Year
- Closing Date:
Denton ISD Job Title: Deaf Ed Inter (AA Degree)
- Provides in-class interpretation and transliteration services using sign language communication for deaf and hard of hearing students in educational settings including classrooms, co-curricular activities, school-related programs and meetings, conference, staff development, and other situations. Assess student needs and the interpreting situation before and during assignments and makes adjustments as needed
- Be prepared for the classroom subject matter by researching or studying, communicating with the teacher, etc. in advance of the assignment.
- Attend and interpret Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee meetings as needed
- Provide assistance to students who are deaf/hard of hearing under the direction of a classroom teacher during independent practice activities and/or assignments.
- Help maintain administrative records and prepare required reports, as needed and requested.
- Assist teaching staff with student behavior by implementing classroom management plans and individual behavior management plans.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s communication needs.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of assigned students.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in professional development programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Know your schedule and arrive on time to all assignments.
- Attend any district required Professional Development (ex. Signing Exact English Skillshop) as determined by the RDSPD Supervisor.
Dept./School: Campus of Assignment
Reports to: Campus Administrator and Coordinator, Denton Regional Day School Program for the Deaf
Wage/Hour Status: Nonexempt
Pay Grade: Varies with Certification
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide sign language interpreting/transliterating services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing in a variety of educational settings.
Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
Current certification approved by the Texas Board of Evaluation of Interpreters
Ability to communicate effectively in sign language, including Signed English (SEE).
Ability to interpret in sign language in an educational setting
Knowledge of educational interpreter role and the Interpreter Code of Ethics
Ability to work with students who are deaf/hard of hearing
Ability to read and interpret documents
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to speak effectively to groups
Some experience working with children
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interprets policy, procedures and data; maintains emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Frequent district-wide and occasional statewide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions
MINIMUM SALARY: Varies with Certification
DUTY DAYS: 187
APPOINTMENT: The appointment of this position will be recommended to the Board of Trustees by the Superintendent of Schools on the basis of the applicant's training, experience, and expertise. The Board of Trustees must give final approval.
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line Internal Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
Out of District Applicants
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line External Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain vacant until qualified applicant is employed.
THE DENTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER