DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Educational Aide for 2019-2020
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Openings as of 1/22/2020
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- Educational Aide for 2019-2020 JobID: 943
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Special Education Aide
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Help teacher prepare instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Assist students with physical disabilities according to their needs, including transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning.
- Assist students with physical needs and personal care, including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene.
- Help manage behavior of students. This includes intervening in crisis situations and restraining disruptive or dangerous student behavior as needed.
- Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Work with individual students or small groups to develop motor skills and conduct instructional exercises assigned by teacher.
- Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside the classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information and files.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
Help special education teacher provide for physical and instructional needs of students with disabilities in special education setting. Assist in implementation of classroom programs, including self-help, behavior management, and instruction programs. Work under general supervision of principal and immediate direction of certified teacher.
High school diploma or GED
Valid Texas educational aide certificate
Ability to work with children with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively
Knowledge of general office equipment
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Wheelchair lift, ramp, personal computer, copier, and audiovisual equipment. Training on the use of specialized equipment and software, as appropriate for the assigned program.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Ability to communicate effectively- verbally and in writing.
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling; regular heavy lifting of students. Ability to work as a team member with peers, teachers, campus personnel, and principals.
Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.