DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elementary Teacher - PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities)
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 1000_38772
Openings as of 6/18/2019
- Summer School
- Elementary Teacher - PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities) JobID: 1000
- Position Type:
Elementary School Teacher/TEACHER-SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
North Euless Elementary School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
06/20/19 or Until Filled
- 187-day assignment
- 2019-2020 school year
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate (EC-6) with required endorsements and required training for subject and level assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience, preferred
- Highly qualified status in all subject areas assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject areas assigned
- Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
- Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process and implementation
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Knowledge of core academic subjects assigned
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Student teaching or approved internship
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop IEP through the ARD Committee process for each student assigned.
- Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes with assignments.
- Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular basis.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan for instructional activities.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by IEP.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology in teaching/learning process.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students as stated in IEP.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline. This includes intervening in crisis situations and physically restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student behavior according to IEP.
- Consult district and outside resource people regarding education, social, medical, and personal needs of students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for special education teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The salary will be determined by the 2019-2020 HEB ISD Teacher Salary Schedule.
ELEMENTARY TEACHER - PRESCHOOL PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES (PPCD)
Provide special education students in the PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities) classrooms with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Alternatives to the above, as the District finds appropriate
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Supervise assigned teacher assistant(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non-ambulatory students. Exposure to biological hazards.