DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ELL/ESL Intervention Specialist: Uplift Williams MS
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 8610_38117
Categories: Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services
Openings as of 10/20/2019
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- ELL/ESL Intervention Specialist: Uplift Williams MS JobID: 8610
- Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/ESL
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
Uplift Education - Job Description
- Arrives at school 15 minutes before carpool and is available for assigned duties or set-up
- (7:15 am)
- Stays at school until time designated by School Director/Managing Director or as business necessitates
- Participates in school-wide and individual professional development, including the 2 -3 week summer session
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings
- Performs necessary duties including but not limited to bus, morning lunch, and afternoon duties
- Chaperones field lessons and field trips
- Communicates with all staff
- Reports to appropriate administrators
- Abides by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect
- Upholds the code of conduct and all school policies
- Maintains and supports a positive professional school culture
- Models behavior within the code of conduct
- Supports and follows directives of campus administrators Team Responsibilities
- Works as part of interdisciplinary team planning and aligning and integrating curricula that will be consistently assessed
- Attends all grade level meetings
- Works with grade level to address and resolve student issues
- Creates rigorous and engaging long-term, quarterly, weekly, daily, and lesson specific lesson plans
- Sets clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction
- Maintains a productive, safe, and focused learning environment
- Consistently enforces Uplift Education’s core mission and values
- Creates and provides meaningful and frequent assessments in a timely manner, utilizing the daily conference time to do so
- Provides necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students
- Effectively teaches the adopted curriculum, the Uplift curriculum and the International Baccalaureate components.
- Goes above and beyond to ensure all students are meeting appropriate standards
- Keeps parents well-informed about students’ progress, providing frequent feedback in accordance with campus guidelines, weekly assessments and quarterly report cards
- Maintains an open-door policy
- Upholds all school policies within the classroom
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, and public agencies in support of the attendance program
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION TITLE: ELL/ESL Intervention Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Uplift Campus
REPORTS TO: Campus Director (Principal)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
HOURS: 7:15 am- 4:30 pm
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
***To be considered for this position, you must apply directly with Uplift at jobs.uplifteducation.org.***
**NOTE: Teacher start date was 7/22/19. Any teachers hired after 7/22 will receive a pro-rated salary. Please consult with HR regarding pay info if you receive an offer.**
Uplift's mission is to create and sustain public schools of excellence that empower each student to reach their highest potential in college and the global marketplace and that inspire in students a life-long love of learning, achievement, and service in order to positively change their world.
Provide students with appropriate educational activities and experiences that will enable them to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Help students develop the skills necessary to be a productive member of society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A./ B.S.) from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree is preferred but not required. Must have a valid Texas Teacher Certification or be enrolled in an Uplift designated certification course. Teachers of record must be “highly qualified,” as defined by No Child Left Behind Act (federal law). Applicants should have minimum 2 years teaching experience in subject area. Spanish speaking a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions in written or oral form. Ability to set priorities. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, students, and parents.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be competent in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn and use computer software as necessary. Ability to use basic office equipment.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Uplift Education, Inc. retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.