DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Math Classroom Teacher/Coaching - 2019-2020
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 8669_37966
Openings as of 10/20/2019
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- Math Classroom Teacher/Coaching - 2019-2020 JobID: 8669
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/Mathematics
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Venus High School
Venus ISD - Job Description:
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
21. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
22. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
24. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned - Math 7-12
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one year student teaching or approved internship
Teacher Scale 187 days $40,000 - $59,273
Salary stated does not include the position stipend. Secondary Math stipend is $1,500.
5 State Days
5 Local Days
TRS Active Care Medical ($367 per month VISD pays)
Dental/Vision ($31.96 per month VISD pays)
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Term Life - Dearborn $20,000 ($.96 per month VISD pays)
WellVia (VISD pays $4.50 per month)
Careflite ($12 Annual - VISD pays)
Employee Saving (Christmas - Employee Savings Plan)
Fitness Center (no cost to employee)
Daycare facility at a discounted rate
*Venus is located just south of Dallas and Fort Worth at the crossroads of US Highway 67 and State Highway 157. Still maintaining much of its early agricultural ambiance, it is a quiet, rural town with quick and easy access to D/FW Airport, and the rich cultural experiences of 3 million people. Venus ISD has an increasingly diverse and rapidly growing student body of approximately 2,200 students. Our goal is that each of our students experience personalized learning in self-mastery and a practical understanding of global cultures as they are fully prepared for creative problem solving in the workforce, college, or military service.