DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 6242_37922
Openings as of 3/25/2019
- Transfer Application
- Mechanic JobID: 6242
- Position Type:
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Castleberry ISD -
Perform minor mechanical repairs to ensure proper performance and safety of district vehicles.
Work on projects assigned, follow established procedures.
Valid Texas commercial driver’s license (Class A or B, with P endorsement)
Current Texas School Bus Driver Training Certificate
Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs with general supervision
Ability to operate equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair
Ability to lift heavy equipment and vehicle parts
Ability to pass alcohol and drug test
Ability to pass required bus driver safety training
Acceptable driving record
Ability to operate bus
Two years’ experience as mechanic
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Repairs
1. Use diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles.
2. Perform minor mechanical repairs.
3. Help lead mechanic complete major repairs.
4. Do welding and minor body work.
5. Service vehicles according to established preventive maintenance schedule. Rotate and balance
tires; change oil and filters; lubricate vehicle parts; inspect and replace hoses, belts, mirrors,
lamps; and maintain all fluid levels.
6. Maintain accurate, updated records of preventive maintenance.
7. Inspect vehicles and evaluate condition of systems, equipment, accessories, and lights; service as needed.
8. Demonstrate process of preventive maintenance and visual inspections to mechanic helpers.
9. Perform preventive maintenance, including bleeding of air tanks, on shop equipment according to established schedules.
10. Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
11. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
12. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
13. Help keep shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition.
14. Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
15. Operate buses and other vehicles as needed.
16. Work irregular hours as needed.
Automotive diagnostic equipment, wheel balancing equipment, tire repairing equipment, small hand tools, drill, drill press, grinder, air-powered tools, welding torch, torque wrench, jack and lift equipment. School bus and district vehicles.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Moderate walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, vehicles, and machinery with moving parts. Exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel.
A complete application should be sent to:
David Rodriguez, Director of Human Resources
5228 Ohio Garden
Fort Worth, Texas 76114
You may submit an On-line Application at www.castleberryisd.net
All personnel of the Castleberry Independent School District shall be employed without regard to national origin, race.