DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 2796_111035
Openings as of 10/20/2019
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- Secretary, Coordinator/Supervisor JobID: 2796
- Position Type:
Clerical / Paraprofessional/Secretary, Coordinator/Supervisor
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Professional Development Center (PDC)
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Denton ISD Dept./School: Curriculum/PDC
- Prepares correspondence, forms, reports, etc., for the department head, other department staff members, and parents using personal computer.
- Compiles pertinent data as needed when preparing case files for department.
- Maintains physical and computerized files.
- Maintains database of students participating in program.
- Performs routine bookkeeping tasks, including simple arithmetic operations, for the department.
- Manages budget and records for program funds.
- Assists with the preparation of purchase orders and payment authorizations.
- Prepares and organizes district benchmark tests and answers documents for distribution.
- Answers incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Organizes travel arrangements for department staff, including reimbursements.
- Uses electronic calendars to plan and organize support of Coordinator’s events.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail and other documents to department staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.Follows all rules, regulations and policies of the Denton ISD and follows directives from superiors.
Reports to: Coordinator
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: Clerical/Paraprofessional - 4
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the general supervision of the Specialty Area Program Coordinators, organizes and manages the routine work activities of the Program office and provides clerical services to Coordinators and other staff members within the specialty area department and assists district students and parents as necessary.
High School Diploma or GED
Bilingual and Biliterate in English and Spanish preferred
Some college or business school preferred
Proficient skills in keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance
Basic math and bookkeeping skills
Ability to exhibit personal computer and software for word processing and to develop spreadsheets and databases (Excel 2007).
Ability to read and understand reports, studies and instructions.
Ability to multi-task
Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Three years of secretarial experience, preferably in a public education environment
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Mental Demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); interprets policy, procedures and data; coordinates district functions; maintains emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Frequent district-wide and occasional statewide travel; occasional prolonged and irregular hours; frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; prolonged use of computer and repetitive hand motions.
MINIMUM SALARY: $ 29,093
DUTY DAYS: 220 days per year
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line Internal Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
Out of District Applicants
Interested candidates must complete and submit the Denton ISD on-line External Application at . Upload employment credentials and a current résumé detailing experience, qualifications and professional accomplishments.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain vacant until qualified applicant is employed.
THE DENTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER