DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Student Recruitment Specialist - Supplemental Title 1 Funded
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Openings as of 4/8/2020
- Summer School
- Student Recruitment Specialist - Supplemental Title 1 Funded JobID: 5858
- Position Type:
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Trinity Basin Preparatory - Job Function
- Provide confident, articulate communications and messaging about TBP to a wide variety of stakeholders with a primary objective to recruit and retain students.
- Acts as the lead spokesperson for the district in all matters relating to student recruitment.
- Considering current/future changes in local campus neighborhoods including demographic and competition from additional charter schools, establishes and maintains an annual recruitment plan that includes specific recruitment strategies designed and led by this position.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager, coordinates, designs, and implements marketing materials/plans to increase student enrollment.
- Coordinates and collaborates with campus administrators in the planning and implementation of on-campus enrollment events.
- Leads TBP’s participation in family-oriented community events that are conducive to recruiting new students. Attends these events and enlists/coordinates TBP’s volunteer staff to participate.
- Meets with parents (including PTA/PTO) and staff to solicit input and identify target areas for student recruitment.
- In collaboration with others, prepares, coordinates, and distributes student recruitment communications.
- Coordinates the selection and maintains an appropriately adequate inventory of promotional materials used for student recruitment.
- Visits and interacts with local businesses and other non-profit organizations to increase awareness of the school and distribute marketing materials centered around recruitment.
- As requested, assists the CDO with development or marketing initiatives, projects or grants.
- Coordinates and/or facilitates the creation and distribution of marketing or recruitment materials designed to increase enrollment.
- High School Diploma required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience in marketing or recruitment preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to and from TBP campuses and other event locations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
The Student Recruitment Specialist – Supplemental Title I has primary responsibility for recruiting new students and helps retain existing students at every campus in the district. Under general supervision the SRS works closely with the Marketing Manager, the CDO, the District Parent Liaison, and campus leadership to undertake targeted recruitment efforts designed to fill all available student seats at every campus, while also ensuring a robust waitlist of prospective students across the district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned by the CDO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to analyze data that may be used to help retain current students and/or recruit new students.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents or employees of organization.
· Ability and/or willingness to learn to use and understand Microsoft Office for spreadsheets, letters and other written communication in order to communicate information with employees, administration and the Board.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
· Proficient keyboarding skills.
· Ability to meet established deadlines and work well with others.
· Customer service oriented.
· Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Requirements