Celadon Group, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shop Manager- Waxahachie
at Celadon Group, inc.
Celadon is looking for a Shop Manager in its Maintenance division. The Shop Manager must be an excellent communicator, proactive, analytical, solution-focused, patient and able to juggle multiple projects.
- Follow all company guidelines and procedures as set forth in your employee handbook You are required to understand 100% of their content
- Performs all duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attendance standards, NO UN-EXCUSED absences.
- Punctuality standards: In uniform and ready to punch in at scheduled hour.
- Displays positive company attitude and cooperation with supervisors, drivers, and co-workers.
- In charge of ALL Shop Leadmen, Technicians, Wash Bay and Shop related Personnel as assigned
- Set up work schedule for all staff as assigned including vacation and approved days off.
- Manage productivity and efficiency off all staff
- Measure, review, and document the work ethics of ALL the maintenance employees.
- Manage and discipline ALL maintenance personnel. Any disciplinary action needs to be
- Documented and copies put in the personnel file. Proper progressive discipline must be followed.
- Review ALL new incoming unit repair progress from the evening and weekend shifts through lead staff.
- Responsible for making sure all work orders are reviewed and history
- is researched to promote correct repair diagnostics"
- Ensures that processes are followed as support to other departments
- Motivates facility maintenance staff to maintain a positive company work environment.
- Responsible for Communicating ALL department updates and informs the other technicians
- Responsible for all shop MSDS, OSHA, and Environmental compliance for shop activities.
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years manager/supervisor experience
- Minimum of five years mechanical experience
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office and applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ontario Truck & Coach trade license
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan and paid vacation
- Extensive wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities
- Undergraduate and graduate school tuition reimbursement program
- Continuous learning and development provided by a dedicated training department