Central Garden & Pet Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CDL Class A Driver - Pet Distribution
at Central Garden & Pet Company
Central Pet Distribution is Hiring Drivers! CDL Class A – 4-Day Workweek Could be Yours!
Do you love pets and love driving? Our growing company is seeking experienced route delivery drivers to hand unload deliveries at specialty pet stores, grocery stores, and retail accounts. Our Pet Distribution team works together to supply our customers with the nation’s top brands of pet supplies. With a set schedule and weekly routes, our drivers enjoy visiting our customers during the week, going home every evening and having weekends off. If you are a customer service focused driver who is dependable, responsible and committed to safety, this may be the job for you!
Location: Based out of our Dallas, Texas Distribution Center
Route Details: Route deliveries with multiple daily deliveries; Local and over-nights out of state
Shift Details: Tuesday through Friday with occasional Monday local route
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Deliver product within a specific geographical area, some two day runs required
- Arrange the delivery of returned goods
- Develop relationships with Back Door Receivers, Store Personnel and Store Owners
- Accurate accounting of checks or cash when delivering COD
- Make deliveries via lift gate and electronic pallet jack and dolly product into store for customers without trailer high docks
- Practice exceptional safety measures when driving
- Display excellent customer service while interacting with pet store owners and employees
- Complete delivery documents accurately
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Two or more years of verifiable driving experience with current and clean Class A CDL
- Experience using electric pallet jack, manual pallet jack, 2 wheeled collapsible dolly, and lift gate safely
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsible, reliable and dependable work habits
- Ability to lift and move cartons up to 60 pounds throughout the course of a normal shift
- Energetic and personable, looking for a Career Opportunity
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Work is conducted in company provided trucks and trailers, warehouse facilities and at the customer’s locations
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance
- Referral Program with cash bonus
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website for additional information www.central.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.