Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Simulation Specialist
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The Student Learning Specialist supports the mission and philosophy of the University and assists students with the mastery of didactic and clinical learning concepts including patient care simulations. The learning specialist supports and augments the educational process by contributing to the development and continuous improvement of educational curriculum through best practice sharing and regular communications with campus leadership.
- Supports instruction, remediation and evaluation in didactic and clinical learning concepts including patient care
- Demonstrates current, detailed, accurate knowledge of concepts tested by the NCLEX-RN as well as currency in nursing practice to provide academic
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of University programs and accurately communicates academic policies and regulations to
- Demonstrates effective behaviors and accountability in meeting the following standards of service excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies: Friendliness and courtesy, professional environment, effective communication, and first class
- Communicates and documents (reporting) students’ academic and co-curricular progress toward achievement of student and program learning outcomes to academic
- Prepares and maintains labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate a simulated healthcare setting.
- Collaborates with course coordinators and faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course
- Assists in developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the simulated learning experiences, including use of high-fidelity patient simulators.
- Operates and maintains computerized and non-computerized simulation
- Contributes to and attends national academic and clinical learning conferences (either University or External Organizations/Associations.
- Coordinates and supervises lab experiences to ensure that students have the opportunity to meet course objectives.
- Provides individual oversight to students during practice and/or remediation of technical nursing skills as requested by course
- Participates in planning and scheduling learning spaces for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab utilization times are available, communicated, and appropriately resourced.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing
- Master’s degree in Education or Nursing
- Unencumbered RN license
- BLS CPR required.
- BLS CPR instructor certification; ACLS and /or PALS
- One (1) year experience in an academic environment supporting classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in person.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities and nations. Chamberlain University is comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. Chamberlain University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC, www.hlcommission.org). For the most updated accreditation information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States.