Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reports to: Regional EHS Manager
Position: salaried, exempt
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Supervisor is responsible for implementing and overseeing EHS programs at Chemtrade facilities and activities. These programs include, but are not limited to: environmental, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, product safety, Responsible Care, emergency response and planning, loss prevention, process safety, security and medical programs. This individual provides guidance and facilitates a collaborative approach to site management on implementation of EHS and Responsible Care programs in order to reduce risk and incidents of accidents, injuries, and environmental releases. The EHS supervisor stays current on relevant Environmental, Health and Safety regulations and compliance with applicable regulations. The EHS Supervisor provides oversight of required training, permitting and reporting, auditing, and recordkeeping. Maintains appropriate safety supplies and general support of the Chemtrade EHS culture, with an emphasis on continual improvement. The EHS Supervisor performs other tasks as assigned by the EHS Resource Team Director and site manager to support Chemtrade EHS programs.
- Interfaces with site personnel to identify hazards, and to develop and implement corrective/improvement measures. This could include the review and approval of specific work permits, as well as participation in incident investigation teams, safety audits, design reviews, process safety reviews, project review teams, and/or job task analysis. 25%
- Maintains site management systems, Incident Management Database, Action Item Database and EHS Compliance Calendar including routine reporting, audits and permit renewals. 20%
- Promotes proactive safety participation by all employees and ensuring injuries, illnesses, incidents, near misses, and unsafe conditions are reported and investigated. 15%
- Develops, implements and maintains environmental, health and safety programs and policies to meet or exceed compliance with National, Provincial, and local regulations, internal policies and customer requirements including environmental, safety, transportation, security, Responsible Care Codes and RC 14001 requirements. 15%
- Supports the industrial hygiene program through air and noise monitoring and exposure assessments and prepares reports. 10%
- Participates in Quality Assurance and supporting continual improvement under the ISO 9000 and RC14001 process. 5%
- Maintains all documentation essential to efficient operations of the EHS program. Monitors interactions with regulatory authorities, insurance carriers or EHS consultants on issues impacting manufacturing operations. Ensures environmental permits and reporting are up to date. Ensures permit requirements are adhered to. 5%
- Other duties as assigned. 5%
- Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering or science, occupational health or safety, industrial hygiene, or other relevant field preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of related safety management, environmental and/or supervisory responsibility preferably in chemical manufacturing or related environment.
- Advanced knowledge of EHS regulations, management systems, regulatory agencies, trends and resources. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access) and extensive Internet search capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to build consensus and influence others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Exceptional organization and presentation skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel (30-50%) up to a full week stay for support visits to manufacturing sites, attendance at professional development seminars or training, or other travel as required.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70 locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.