Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Position: Hourly $21.32/hr
SCOPE OF POSITION
Duties include but are not limited to packaging, blending and quality inspection at the Site. Responsible for ensuring all related SOP's and plant rules pertaining to GMP, safety, operating procedures, and personal conduct are followed. The incumbent will help maintain an effective Food Safety and Quality System and support its ongoing improvement, and be committed to producing quality, safe and legal products that meet or exceed our customer’s specifications and comply with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements. Shift rotation is required.
• Monitor potassium chloride as it is packaged or blended to ensure contamination is not present.
• Ensure potassium chloride is packaged and blended per Chemtrade Chemical SOP's
• Stock the packaging and blending rooms with appropriate supplies as necessary for potassium chloride packaging and blending.
• Utilize a computer system as needed for department specific electronic data collection
• Responsible for maintaining housekeeping in the packaging, blending, warehouse, and grounds areas
• Responsible for notifying the department supervisor and/or shift foreman of any packaging issues.
• Performs all duties necessary to prepare areas for initiating the manufacturing process including screen changes on mechanical separators.
• Assists with maintenance of equipment as required.
• Participates in and completes all required training.
• Completes packaging and blending log sheets as required.
• Inspects lots as directed by the department supervisor or designee.
• Inspector follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
• Duties include but are not limited to individual drum inspection, changing labels, dumping drums, placing drums on pallets, drum weighing and filling out inspection reports.
• Ensures that the chicklet (potash) supply, rework, and empty drum supply is adequate as per SOP's.
• Duties also include, but are not limited to conveying pallets of packaged materials to the appropriate storage locations, and completing the KCI Raw Material Feed Report.
• Hopper Operator follows all required GMP procedures, SOP's and safety rules.
• Must be able to complete packaging, blending, and inspection logs neatly per SOP’s
• Follow and/or maintain GFSI Global Food Safety Certification (SQF)
• Follow all GMP rules and help coach others to comply with GMP rules as necessary
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
• Must be able to read, understand, and follow operating and safety procedures.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Strong mathematical abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• May need to climb, pull self upward, kneel, stoop, crawl, crouch or balance on unstable surfaces.
• Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods on a regular basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be fit and able to wear Respirator and Rain Gear with other safety equipment.
• Must be able to work in the outdoor elements including cold, heat and humidity.
• Safety is a job requirement
Must be able to perform under the following conditions:
• Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
• Work in elevated places.
• Work in outdoor environment.
• Work in noisy environment.
• Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals and etc.
• Work safely at all times.
• Able to work in Adverse Weather Conditions.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70 locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.