Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job TitleSales Director
APTIM has an opening for a Sales Director position. The Sales Director position will be preferentially based in Houston or Dallas, Texas and will be responsible for leading business development for all national USACE accounts. This positions will be responsible for business development efforts for our growing United States Army Corps of Engineers' (USACE) Civil Works, Environmental, Decommissioning, and Military Construction Business Units across U.S. as well as other targeted markets in other countries.
The successful candidate will identify and develop client relationships and new opportunities for the USACE with a particular focus on design and construction of Civil Works, Environmental and Military Construction projects. This includes supporting infrastructure and other areas of interest to the company. Key areas and services include construction, engineering, design, construction management, and project/program management for large infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will develop effective capture strategies for targeted opportunities and be able to close new work and increase sales. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains long-lasting and meaningful relationships with USACE District across the U.S., Non-Federal Sponsors such as state and local entities as well as industry teaming partners; collaborating to find solutions to challenging Civil Works, Environmental and Military Construction development projects.
- Supports regional marketing, sales of large multi-million dollar projects/programs, teaming partnerships and client engagement activities to implement business development initiatives.
- Develop a robust pipeline of work, with a win rate above industry average.
- Monitors market conditions, innovations and trends, and competitors' performance, pricing and sales strategies to maximize competitive stance.
- Leads and/or supports capture teams in pursuit planning; development of win themes; and preparation of compelling proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Conduct opportunity and client research.
- Leads company capabilities presentations with customers; attend technical seminars and industry events.
- Assist National Business Development Director and Operations Lead with developing client relationships.
- Participation in industry and client organizations as a strategic part of client development.
- Work with Marketing Manager in the development of collateral pieces and client submittals, as needed.
- Work with Operations and Project staff to enhance the company's client relationships across Operations and Project staffing levels.
- Maintain client contacts and opportunities in the CRM and SharePoint systems.
- Track goals and produce internal reports, as needed.
- Develop client relationships through face to face meetings.
- Maintain familiarity with a variety of maritime port development concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.
- May report to an executive or a manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Travel as necessary to perform duties.
- Must have Engineering and/or Program and Construction Management experience on USACE Civil Works, Environmental and Military Construction Programs and Projects.
- Must be result oriented and hands-on.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business, Finance, Marketing or similar field.
- Should have experience working with the USACE Headquarters, Division and/or District Offices.
- Provides new opportunity capture management.
- Has good knowledge of the market for USACE business and network of contracts and relationships with leading USACE Authorities for business development.
- Has in-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions.
- Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area.
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly.
- Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Business, Finance, or Marketing or similar field.
- 20+ years of industry experience.
- Relationships with the USACE Headquarters, Divisions and/or District offices
- Leadership positions(s) in an engineering and/or program and construction management professional/industry association committees, boards, etc.
What We Do:
Whether it's safeguarding and maintaining critical power infrastructure, helping communities recover from natural disasters, enabling our armed forces and first responders, or transforming landfills into public parks, we go to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. These are huge responsibilities, and we take them seriously.
Thinking differently and challenging the norm is our mandate. Every day we plan for the unexpected, develop critical insights, and deliver new, creative adaptive solutions. We do this by leveraging teams that include engineers, scientists, builders, economists, craft professionals, procurement, logistics and process experts.
Watch our " How We Make a Difference " Video.
Who We Are:
APTIM specializes in engineering, program management, environmental services, disaster recovery, complex facility maintenance, and construction services. Serving Government, Oil, Gas, Chemical, Industrial, Commercial, and Power clients, we are your partner and relentless advocate.