Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at CEC Entertainment
At CEC Entertainment, we build careers around great food, family and fun! Our purpose and our passion is to create the best place for kids and families to eat and play!
CEC Entertainment, the global leader in family entertainment and operator of Chuck E. Cheese's restaurants has an immediate opening at our Support Center based in Irving, Texas for a Property Accountant (Staff Accountant) to join our Accounting and Finance team!
• Perform all duties and responsibilities with a friendly sense of urgency in support of our corporate objectives, including: "If you are not serving the Guest, serve someone who is."
• Assist in property accounting functions for a capital-intensive Company with over 500 Company-owned locations.
• Maintain fixed asset and capital project systems, including regular additions, transfers and disposals.
• Prepare journal entries to record transactions to the general ledger.
• Prepare monthly reconciliation between fixed assets sub ledger and the general ledger.
• Prepare and distribute monthly capital spending and fixed assets analysis reporting and produce ad-hoc reporting, as needed.
• Analyze accounting variances and prepare variance explanation reports.
• Review capital addition invoices to ensure appropriate coding.
• Ensure accurate accounting for fixed assets for book and tax purposes.
• Prepare fixed asset reports/analysis required to support the Tax Department (book/tax).
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Establish and document required internal controls related to Fixed Asset processing/accounting.
• Coordinate and prepare Fixed Asset schedules for interim and end of year external financial audit.
• Perform as-needed analyses regarding fixed asset key performance metrics, variances to budget, and procedural concepts in support of the department.
• Identify areas to streamline and automate processes, and coordinate training on new processes and procedures for collaborative consistency.
• Perform project-based improvements as identified to increase capacity or understanding of the team over time. May also be required to prepare business-case or proposals for project selection purposes.
• Implement best practices in our Property Accounting Department, recommend overall process improvements while collaborating with other departments utilizing the assets and/or information.
• Perform special projects, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
• 1+ years of Fixed Asset Accounting experience highly preferred.
• Experience using Workday in an advantage, but not required.
• Strong financial skills.
• Excellent MS Excel skills. Proficient use of MS Word, Access, Visio, Outlook and SharePoint.
• Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to critically evaluate key processes and implement improvements.
• Ability to multi-task and handle several competing priorities with high urgency.
• Able to build relationships quickly and assist our internal customer.
• Self-starter, accustomed to working independently in a demanding work environment.
• Available and flexible to work over 40 hours a week.
• Typing, data entry and 10-key skills.
To perform the duties of this position, the incumbent must have the ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and carry, lift, pull, push between 1 – 25 lbs. Incumbent must use a computer, with repetitive movement of both hands. Incumbent must be able to work an 8-hour shift, with some overtime. Incumbent must also be available to travel to various locations by airplane or by operating a vehicle if needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions is included.
For over 40 years, CEC Entertainment has proudly served as the nationally recognized leader in family dining and entertainment and the place Where A Kid Can Be A Kid®. As the award-winning, number-one, kid-friendly restaurant for millions of families across the world, the company and its franchisees operate a system of 607 Chuck E. Cheese’s and 147 Peter Piper Pizza stores, with locations in 47 states and 14 foreign countries and territories. More than 17,000 employees are dedicated to ensuring Every Guest Leaves Happy! CEC is a “Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow” employer.
CEC Entertainment offers a wide variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401(k) retirement savings plan to eligible U.S. employees as part of their overall employment package. We also offer job training and career growth opportunities.
At CEC Entertainment, we believe that our workforce should reflect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the many guests we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, genetics, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state or local protected class. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Auto req ID
1707 MARKET PLACE BLVD, SUITE 200