City of Coppell
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kidz Connect Instructor
at City of Coppell
Pay: up to $15/hour
$15 - $
Job Status: Contract/Temporary,Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2343955
Overall Job Objective
- Basic Function
- Basic Function - Summer Employment - June OnlyMust be well organized and responsible; must be knowledgeable in area of interest and have some previous experience in that field/working with youth. Works directly with people who sign-up for the programs. Must be able to instruct and lead young children in a summer camp setting. The duration of this program will be three weeks in June (10th - 28th) plus trainings. For more information, visit www.coppelltx.gov/kidzconnect
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Job Functions*Plan course outlines and adhere to it.*Take attendance every class.*Teach Class - area of knowledge.*Customer service to patrons.*Adhere to city policies and procedures as outlined; completes time sheets in a timely manner.*Lifting, hearing, walking, sitting, kneeling, and crawling.*Depending on the activity one must have knowledge to instruct: science, art, and sports.*Lesson planning*Room and activity setup
- City of Coppell Core Competencies
- Technical CompetenciesKnowledge and ability to correctly apply professional/specialized expertise; skillfully manage information; properly use tools, equipment and technology; effectively allocate resources; proactively identify and resolve issues; consistently make sound decisions; correctly execute policy processes and procedures; strictly adhere to/enforce safety polices; consistently produce quality results; proactively plan and organize; consistently provide exceptional customer service.
Human CompetenciesMotivation of Self & Others: We demonstrate a core desire to serve the Public and the Organization through our commitment, passion, initiative and drive.Leadership of Self: We motivate, inspire and influence ourselves to strive towards excellence by being positive, accountable, a team player and influential in goal achievement.Service -Oriented: We behave in a friendly and professional manner centering on a desire to address the needs of internal and external customers while respecting their rights and dignity by being people-oriented, helpful, understanding and compassionate.Trustworthy: We earn the confidence of others by demonstrating both the character and the competence to fulfill our obligations with both integrity and honesty along with ethical,credible behavior.Relational: We establish trust, cooperation, mutual respect and support with an objective to improve relationships by valuing diversityandbeing diplomatic/tactful, cooperative, empathetic, broadminded, flexible, respectful and compassionate/caring.Communication: We exchange information and ideas in a manner which results in mutually supported decisions for the greater good by sharing thoughts & feelings, and through assertiveness, empathic listening, conflict resolution and deliberating/debating.Emotional Maturity: We demonstrate the ability to manage and monitor our emotions and to assess the emotional state of others by understanding stress management, balanceandconsistency.Development of Self: We are committed to improving our knowledge, skills, personal qualifications and performance through self-development.
Conceptual CompetenciesOrganizational Awareness: We are aware of the Organization's structure and culture for how we do business by understanding departmental impact on organization, interdepartmental relations and organizational cultureGlobal Awareness: We stay informed of issues and trends that may impact the Organization by understanding media/public relations.Community Awareness: We have a sense of the community's culture and its impact on service delivery by understanding purpose of service, citizen/stakeholder expectations and branding.Innovation: We successfully implement ideas that improve and/or add value to service delivery through creative thinking, continuous improvement and by being quality minded and a change agent.Critical Thinking: We actively and skillfully conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to reach a sound answer or conclusion by understanding issue/problem identification, analysis, consequences, and by balancing decision factors.Visioning: We understand the future direction of the Organization and understand the efforts and processes needed to achieve it by following the mission/values.
- Minimum Requirements
- ExperienceInstructors should be knowledgeable about the field of interest they will be teaching. Must be 18 years or older. Have a high school diploma or GED. Teaching or previous instructor experience preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!