City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Auto Body Repairer II
at City of Dallas Government
- Position Purpose
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Fire- Civilian
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years of experience in an automotive repair shop performing painting, frame, conventional and unibody repairs.
- An associate's degree or technology certificate in automotive body repair from an accredited college may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Must obtain a valid Texas class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within probationary period.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and operate equipment weighing up to seventy (70) pounds.
- A certificate in Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) is preferred.
Fire- Rescue Maintenance Division: Experience must include preparing damage collision estimates and have experience with welding Metal Inert Gas (MIG), Tungstun Inert Gas (TIG). (Certification preferred.)