City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forestry Worker (Tree Maintenance)
at City of Dallas Government
- Position Purpose
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department: Park and Recreation, and Public Works
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Two (2) years tree maintenance experience (e.g. pruning, trimming, planting and removal of trees.)
- Valid Driver License with good driving record.
- Must obtain class A or B Texas Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within probationary period.
- Availability to work twenty-four (24/7) on- call status
- Subject to inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to demonstrate good teamwork, leadership, interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to have basic computer skills, and maintain excellent internal and external customer service.