City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Executive Assistant (Non-Civil Service)
at City of Dallas Government
Pay: $50201 to $95240/year
$50201 - $95240
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2452808
Overall Job Objective
- Position Purpose
Performs senior level administrative work for the Mayor. Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Essential Functions
- Provides administrative and technical assistance to the Mayor
- Plans prepare or oversee the preparation of periodic and special reports.
- Communicates with citizens, executives, department heads, consultants, government and various other agencies to obtain information and resolve administrative problems. Interprets policies and procedures and makes administrative decisions.
- Prepares reports and responds to information requests including gathering and compiling data, analyzing results, summarizing findings, and making recommendations for a course of action.
- Develops administrative procedures, standards, and methods.
- Oversees the review and evaluation of work content for the purpose of developing effective administrative practices that contribute to the improvement of services provided.
- Coordinates projects through contacts in city departments and private organizations.
- Advises the Mayor on administrative matters.
- May assist the Mayor with general human resource management actions.
- Assists in budget preparation.
- May plan and coordinate special and administrative assignments and programs.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Business Related Field.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Previous administrative or secretarial experience is required.
- Effective Communication Skills both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of public administration as related to the department or function concerned.
- Knowledge of accepted business practices and procedures involved in providing services and of applicable rules,regulations, and policies, as well as related legislative and legal practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles of management and ability to supervise.
- Ability to handle high level administrative issues, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to analyze and solve work related problems.
- Ability to make decisions involving policy requiring seasoned judgment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective rapport with clients, business organizations, employees, various associations and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of management, city officials, vendors, other government agencies, other employees and the general public.