City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Dallas Government
- Position Purpose
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Dallas Water Utilities; Public Works
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year experience in public land surveying which involved operating total stations, data collectors, levels and level rods.
- An associate's degree or higher in a math, surveying, engineering technology or Geographic Information Science (GIS) field will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- MS Office or similar software skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans.
- Experience operating Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment is a plus.