City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Dallas Government
- Position Purpose
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Sustainable Development & Construction
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a surveying field.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a Surveyor in Training (SIT) certificate issued by the Texas Board of Professional Land Surveyor (TBPLS) with the probationary period.
- Bachelor's degree with thirty-two (32) hours in civil engineering, land surveying, math, photogrammetry, forestry, land law or the physical sciences and one (1) year of experience working under a Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS) will substitute for the education requirement.
- Associate's degree in surveying and two (2) years of experience working under a RPLS will substitute for the education requirement.
- Thirty-two (32) hours in land surveying courses and two (2) years of experience working under a RPLS will substitute for the education requirement.
- High school diploma or GED, four (4) years of experience working under an RPLS, and proof of self-education in land surveying will substitute for the education requirement.
- Current, valid licensure as a RPLS will substitute for the education requirement.
- Current, valid certification as a Surveyor in Trainee (SIT) will substitute for the education requirement.