City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Instrument Technician
at City of Dallas Government
- Position Purpose
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department: Dallas Water Utilities
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of experience in the installation, maintenance, monitoring, testing and/or repair of various instrumentation.
- Experience with equipment from at least one (1) of the following categories:
- Flow Meters: Venturi, Electromagnetic, Velocity, Vortex, Ultrasonic, Mass Flow
- Online Water Quality Instrumentation: Chlorine Analyzers, ph Probes, Turbidimeters, Ammonia/Monochloramine Analyzers, Fluoride Analyzers, Phosphate Analyzers, Loss of Head Meters, Ozone Concentration Meters, Oxygen Concentration Meters
- Switches: Flow Switches, Pressure Switches, Limit Switches, Temperature Switches, Proximity Switches
- Programmable Logic Controllers and Components: PLC, Relays, Power Supplies, Wiring
- Actuators: Electrical and Pneumatic
- Gas Detection Equipment: Chlorine, Ammonia, Ozone, Oxygen, Sulfur Dioxide
- An Associate's degree or higher in an electrical/electronic or related field plus one (1) year of the required experience including experience in at least one (1) equipment category will meet the education and experience requirements.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
Dallas Water Utilities – Central Wastewater Treatment Plant:
Basic knowledge of electrical or electronic circuits, devices operating principles and terminology. Current or past work experience with instruments – mechanical, electronic or laboratory. Ability to install, wire, program and calibrate typical process instruments. Knowledge of PLC and familiarity with a 4-20mA loop is a plus. Willingness to learn and ask questions.
Dallas Water Utilities - Pumping Division: Knowledge of and experience in PLC hardware, SCADA HMI software, 4MA to 20MA loop signal, security or digital electronics is preferred. Instrumentation and/or electronics experience including the operation of electronic test equipment, electronic components level repair such as resistors, diodes, capacitors, and transistors, testing and troubleshooting of electronic circuits, water instrumentation flow/level/psi equipment is desired. Basic understanding of and the ability to read blueprints, electronic schematics, and process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) is desired.
Dallas Water Utilities - Water Purification: Knowledge of and experience in PLC hardware, SCADA HMI software, 4MA to 20MA loop signal, security or digital electronics is preferred. Basic understanding of and the ability to read blueprints, electronic schematics, and process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) is desired.