City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Meter Reader
at City of Dallas Government
- Position Purpose
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Dallas Water Utilities
- Minimum Qualifications
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of general work experience.
LICENSE(S) and/or CERTIFICATION(S):
- Valid driver's license with good driving record; own transportation with required liability insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Requires ability to stoop, bend and walk five (5) miles per day
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds meter vault lids
- Ability to work with the public
- Ability to learn how to use a hand-held computer.
- Ability to walk and drive in all types of inclement weather.
- Description: Exam measures ability to compare numbers for accuracy.
- Time Limit: Fifteen (15) minutes allowed for Number Comparison Test.