City of Dallas Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water/Wastewater Plant Operator
at City of Dallas Government
- Position Purpose
The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
For information related to Essential Functions, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Work, and Working Conditions & Hazards of this position, click here. Locate and click on the position title to view the job classification specification.
For evaluation purposes, acceptable qualifying experience for all positions must have been in a paid capacity unless noted otherwise in the minimum qualifications for the posted position.
Additionally, 30+ hours per week will be counted as full-time employment and will receive full credit for the amount of time employed. A minimum of 15 through 29 work hours per week will be counted as part-time employment and will receive half credit for the amount of time employed.
Vacancies currently available in the following department(s): Dallas Water Utilities
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Class C (or higher) Water Distribution Operator license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)*
- Class C (or higher) Surface Water Operator license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)*
- Class C (or higher) Wastewater Operator license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)*
- Subject to twenty-four/seven (24/7) emergency call-out.
- Some positions are required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Water Purification: A Class C (or higher) Surface Water Operator License from the TCEQ is required.
Water Pumping: A Class C (or higher) Surface Water OR Water Distribution Operators License from the TCEQ is required.