City of Dallas (TX)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
North Oak Cliff Municipal Management District
at City of Dallas (TX)
Job Reference #: 248574
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||North Oak Cliff Municipal Management District|
|Job Type:||Board member|
|Location:||City Hall, 1500 Marilla, Dallas, Texas|
|North Oak Cliff Municipal Management District|
|Meets as needed.|
|(a) Directors appointed by the city council must be at least 18 years old and must be:|
(1) a resident of the NOC MMD who is also a registered voter of the NOC MMD or a registered voter who lives within a 2-mile radius of the NOC MMD;
(2) an owner of property in the NOC MMD;
(3) an owner of stock, whether beneficial or otherwise, of a corporate owner of property in the NOC MMD;
(4) an owner of a beneficial interest in a trust that owns property in the NOC MMD; or
(5) an agent, employee, or tenant of a person covered by(2), (3), or (4) above.
(6) an assistant city manager of the City appointed by the city manager;
(7) the chief financial officer of the City; and
(8) the economic development director of the City.an initial director
(b) the city council may not appoint a person to the NOC MMD if the appointment would result in:
(1) fewer than 4 of the directors being residents of the city and meeting the qualifications of (2), (3), (4), or (5) above AND
(2) fewer than 2 of the directors meeting (a)(1) above.
Note: The requirements of (b)(1) and (b)(2) may overlap and both requirements could be met by any one of the 9 board members, including the city employee positions, if, for example, a particular board member owned or leased a residence located within the NOC MMD.
| Supplemental Information:|
|Chapter 380 and 375 of the Texas Local Government Code, Section 52 and 52-a, Article III, and Section 59, Article XVI, Texas Constitution, Ordinance File 09-0459|
Note: Upon expiration of the initial terms, the terms for the replacement directors by the governing body of the City for Place 1, 2, 3, and 4 shall be filled for two years, and the replacement directors for Places 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 shall each serve four year terms.