City of Denton
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Denton
Pay: up to $11/hour
$11 - $
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2458454
Categories: Education - Faculty
Overall Job Objective
- Job Description
Responsible for teaching education and social activities to children age 3-5 year olds.
- Essential Functions
- Plan, schedule, and implement the daily program of appropriate developmental experiences for a classroom group of children 3 to 5 years old.
- Lead, supervise, and instruct the daily program of appropriate developmental experiences for a classroom group of children 3 to 5 years old.
- Provide care and protection for assigned children, with the ability to respond immediately to emergencies, including administering first aid as necessary.
- Hold regular parent/teacher conferences and seek to involve parents in the child development program.
- Maintain progress records on the emotional, physical, social, and intellectual development of assigned children 3 to 5 years old.
- Participates in staff meetings and annual training required by the department and by the State of Texas.
- Ensure all equipment and materials are accessible, appropriate, and in good condition.
- Maintains discipline and injury records as needed.
- Enforce all site and State regulations
- Keeps room organized and bulletin boards/room seasonally decorated
- Informs parents of child's progress and updates on daily/weekly activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least one year experience planning, coordinating, and implementing education/related programs for young children.
- Have a current CPR/First Aid-Child certification or ability to obtain by the first day of employment
- Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Conditions of Employment
- Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License prior to employment
- Must pass a drug test, driver's license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
- Must be able to pass a separate State of Texas Department of Family & Protective Services background and criminal history check including FBI fingerprint check
- Must complete a defensive driving course as soon as possible (See City of Denton Policy 409.05 for details)
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday anytime between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Must be able to work year round program