City of Denton
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Field Service Worker I
at City of Denton
Pay: $11 to $16/hour
$11 - $16
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2366406
Overall Job Objective
- Job Description
Responsible for assisting with the maintenance and construction of parks, ROW, medians, cemeteries, and other public property.
- Essential Functions
- Performs general park maintenance and construction of parks including, but not limited to public grounds, park grounds, landscape beds, right-of-ways, medians, athletic fields, and cemeteries.
- Operates light to medium equipment such as mowers, pick-up trucks, trash truck, chainsaws, weed-eaters, blowers, hedge trimmers, and hand tools
- Sweeps and rakes leaves, pull weeds, prune plants and trees, and litter removal
- Assists crew in construction tasks such as painting, welding, carpentry, plumbing, fence work, etc.
- Plants, mulches, fertilizers, cultivates, and irrigates turf, trees, shrubs, and flowers
- Inspects equipment and performs minor maintenance activities and reports problems to the supervisor.
- Assists in repair of playgrounds and other structures.
- Performs custodial duties to park restrooms, pavilions, concessions, and other park areas.
- Rotating weekend trash route duty
- Performs operational support for special events outside of normal working hours
- Assists other divisions and departments when needed including tasks outside of normal responsibilities.
- Responds to after hour call outs for high water, storm damage, and ice and snow removal/control
- Work at special events and athletic tournaments outside of normal work hours
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3 months of experience in grounds maintenance or related field
- Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Conditions of Employment
- Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License and valid state required minimum automobile liability insurance prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class "C" driver's license and state required minimum automobile liability insurance within 30 days of hire per state law)
- Must pass a drug test, driver's license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
- Must pass a physical examination
- Must be able to work overtime when requested
- Ability to work a rotating work schedule. This includes nights and weekends.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Preference may be given to applicants that possess a Texas Department of Agriculture Pesticide License.
- Preference may be given to applicants who possess an industry certification or license in construction, landscape or turf
- Preference may be given to applicants who possess a CDL.