City of Frisco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Frisco
Under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, or designee, assists with planning and organizing work activities and provides general maintenance support for City facilities. Assists with ensuring that scheduled maintenance is completed and coordinates projects with Facilities Manager and fellow building maintenance personnel. Performs general maintenance and repair of complex systems, which include, but are not limited to heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electrical, and plumbing.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position- related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
- Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists Facilities Manager with planning and organizing work activities for City facilities.
- Provides technical guidance for supplies, parts and equipment and services requested of contractors.
- Maintains a preventive maintenance program.
- Inspects city facilities to plan maintenance activities and to ensure compliance with building codes, OSHA and other safety standard.
- Assists in resolving facility problems and concerns.
- Isolates and troubleshoots landscaping and irrigation systems.
- Ensures that work orders are completed in a timely manner and maintains records and reports as required.
- Completes daily operations reports and time sheets as assigned.
- Resolves repair issues in a timely and cost effective manner, according to industry standards, relevant manufacturer's specifications and in a safe manner.
- Completes maintenance activities in a timely and cost effective manner, according to industry
- standards, relevant manufacturer's specifications and in a safe manner.
- Operates various hand and small power tools and equipment in support of a variety of maintenance and repair operations.
- Must work rotating on-call assignment.
- Must be able to respond to work assignment within 30 minutes.
Other Important Duties:
- May be required to work evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Job Requirements
- Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of advanced commercial HVAC, water distribution systems, electrical systems, structural systems and applicable code requirements.
- Knowledge and experience required in reading and interpreting blueprints, engineering and technical drawings, plans and specifications.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, Windows-based applications used in general business and Facilities Management activities.
- Must have knowledge of pertinent federal, state and City laws, codes and regulations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years experience in and/or training that includes electrical, plumbing, carpentry, building maintenance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a Texas Electrician's Apprentice (or higher) license or Class B (or higher) HVAC license, issued by the State of Texas.
- Possession and maintenance of EPA Refrigerant Certification preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical ability, criminal background, and motor vehicle record check.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in office and field environments.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry, and vision to monitor.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, infectious diseases, toxic waste, air and water borne pathogens, unsafe and unhealthy building conditions, and rough or unstable terrain.
- May be subject to extended periods of bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing ladders, lifting or carrying building materials when securing condemned or unsafe buildings, pools or other code related substandard infractions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes: personal computer, cellular phone, copier, calculator, fax machine, other standard office equipment, standard power and hand tools, pager, two-way radio, drills, saws, roto-routers, grinders, furniture movers, hand tools, electrical meters, energy management system, and department vehicles.