City of Frisco
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Worker - Parks - Starting Pay $15.00 hr.
at City of Frisco
Summary: Under general supervision of the Parks Superintendent with direction from the Crew Leader, the Maintenance Worker for the Parks division performs general maintenance, repairs, and installations at City parks, medians, Right-of-Way areas, athletic fields and municipal facilities.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
- Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains, installs, and replaces landscaping in City parks, Right-of-Way areas medians and municipal facilities.
- Maintains athletic fields, paints boundaries and lines of sports fields, levels ground and monitors grounds for safety hazards.
- Paints, repairs and maintains equipment, furniture, facilities and playground components.
- Assists in setting up forms and pouring and finishing concrete.
- Installs signs, plumbing, irrigation components, electrical fixtures, plugs and cabling.
- Inspects, cleans and maintains equipment and tools in safe operating order.
- Performs routine inspections of assigned areas to detect any necessary repairs or hazardous conditions.
- Maintains safety regulations including wearing appropriate clothing, erecting proper barricades and signage and using proper equipment and tools.
Other Important Duties:
- Provides backup assistance, on-call coverage and support to other City departments as assigned.
- Cleans work sites, restroom/public areas and replaces landscaping.
- Assists in the setup, teardown, and cleanup for special events and meetings.
- Travels to attend meetings and training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Job Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of general maintenance and repair techniques for common tools and equipment used in general parks and landscaping maintenance and repair work; and their basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of assigned light equipment, power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of safe handling techniques of hazardous chemicals and materials.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Skill in following oral and written communications and directions.
- Skill in planning and organizing materials and supplies necessary to complete work orders or daily assignments.
- Skill in operating assigned equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to follow City policies and procedures.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to obtain certification or licensure specific to area of assignment within six (6) months from date of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or post-offer physical exam.
- Must possess State of Texas Drivers License and may be required to obtain a State of Texas Class B CDL license, depending upon area of assignment.
- Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in an outdoor environment.
- May be subject to repetitive motion and heavy manual labor such as painting, digging, building concrete forms, repairing asphalt, transporting, delivering and picking up trash containers and recyclables and water meters.
- May be subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, entering enclosed spaces, climbing ladders, and lifting such as repairing water and sewer lines, installing meters, weeding, landscaping, mowing grass and operating other equipment.
- May be exposed to moving traffic, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, heights, confined spaces, trenches, air and water borne pathogens, body fluids, infectious diseases, rodents and insects.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes hand/power tools and equipment specific to area of assignment, ladders, testing equipment, generators, water pumps, and department vehicles.