CITY OF GARLAND TEXAS
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Worker - Painter - Facilities
at CITY OF GARLAND TEXAS
- Job ID
- # of Openings Remaining
- Facilities Management
- Job Family
- Maintenance Services
- Target Hiring Range
- Depending on Qualifications
- Regular Full-Time
- Job Code Category
- Skilled Trade
Responsible for performing semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the maintenance and inspection of City of Garland facilities primarily focused on painting.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain City buildings with a primary focus on repairs and/or renovations that include simple framing, sheetrock, tape & bed, texture, and paint activities.
- Clean exterior building surfaces including sidewalks and drives using a power washer, sweeper, chemicals, and other cleaning equipment and agents.
- Perform various duties as assigned which may involve specified hand tools or pieces of equipment.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of various building materials and processes.
- Assist other Facilities personnel with their assigned work orders.
- Transport materials between job sites including furniture, appliances, building materials, etc.
- Responsible for the service and maintenance of assigned vehicle and equipment as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
1 year experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
- 1 year experience specific to building renovations and repairs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of safety practices and hazards standard to work area
- General knowledge of building materials and supplies
- Skill to operate various equipment and machinery
- Ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform physical labor
Licenses & Certifications
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
Work Environment Safety