City of Grand Prairie
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trades Technician - Facility Services
at City of Grand Prairie
Pay: $16.1933 to $24.7315/hour
$16.1933 - $24.7315
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2419823
Overall Job Objective
- Job Summary
- The purpose of this position is to maintain the city facilities. This is accomplished by performing routine and corrective maintenance on the buildings and security systems. Other duties include assisting other divisions as needed; and interacting with other City employees and citizens.
- Essential Job Functions
- Maintains the facilities by performing maintenance and repair of all electrical and mechanical systems, including, but not limited to: painting walls, texturing and drywall repairs, ceilings and fixtures, doors and closures, locksmithing, HVAC, plumbing, except those requiring the attention of a licensed specialist.
- Maintains the facilities systems including, but not limited to large generator maintenance, electrical and electronic equipment including air conditioning and heating systems, repairing and replacing interior and exterior lights. Preserves condition of fountains by maintaining water chemistry, electrical motor and pump repairs. Using the pressure washer to clean, and for the removal of graffiti.
- Creates and updates reports and documents services performed.
- Provides customer service to the public and employees by providing information as requested; and ensuring the safety and security of customers.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Level of knowledge equivalent to HS diploma/GED. Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of tools and equipment. Supplemented by specialized training in HVAC, plumbing, electrical technology, construction or a related field.
- Two years' experience in general building maintenance, renovation or construction field.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver's License
- Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with some discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is reviewed upon completion.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Work involves choices of action within limits set by standard practices and procedures. Professional judgment is required to apply the proper course of action.