CITY OF GRAPEVINE
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician/Interpreter - CVB
at CITY OF GRAPEVINE
- Job Summary
- Under the supervision of the Nash Farm Manager performs a variety of activities in support of Nash Farm.
- Examples of Duties
- Performs livestock, grounds and building maintenance.
- Opens and/or closes the farm for regular operating hours.
- Assists special programming throughout the year and works as a team member.
- Feeds animals on-site and records keeping of livestock.
- Carries out heritage farming practices for demonstration farming.
- Assists with general visitor services and general housekeeping duties.
- Complies with all City and Bureau rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- High school graduate or equivalent certification is required. Minimum age 18.Ability to learn how to use heritage hand tools, historic farm equipment, modern farm equipment and ability to work rounding up livestock and loading/unloading feed. Ability to learn the history of Nash Farm along with caretaker skills for heritage breeds of livestock and heirloom gardening. Helpful to have experience in interpretation or educational program development and presentations with knowledge of interpretive techniques such as first and third person living history, exhibit development or publication preparation.Skill in effective verbal and written communication, along with basic computer skills in email and word documents, as well as, ability to prepare reports and maintain accurate records. Skill in providing quality customer service in a courteous and professionalmanner, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers and work-related contacts. Skill in working several projects simultaneously.Must have flexibility to work weekends, extended and irregular hours. Ability to perform manual labor including lifting supplies and materials up to 40 lbs. Must pass a criminal background check and possess or be able to obtain, within 30 days of employment, a valid class "C" Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record as defined by City policy.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.