City of Lewisville
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Facilities & ADA Compliance Supervisor
at City of Lewisville
- Position Summary
Under general direction, supervises and directs the maintenance, repair and alteration of buildings; supervises City projects; administers various service contracts, supervises security systems for the City facilities. Exercises supervision directly or through supervisors.
Work Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM; Friday 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Essential Functions
- Plans, schedules, orders materials, and supervises work on security systems, plumbing, heating, air-conditioning, electrical, ventilation and pumping systems.
- Inspects buildings for safety hazards, maintenance needs.
- Ensures that the City complies with all accessibility requirements related to facilities and rights of ways.
- Manages City construction and remodel projects.
- Provides time and materials cost estimates and verifies all pay applications for assigned projects prior to payment.
- Assists Internal Service Manager in preparing building maintenance budget; administers and monitors the budget including submitting budgetary recommendations.
- Reads and interprets specifications, plans, and blueprints for construction and remodeling projects and makes recommendations prior to, and during construction.
- Responds to emergency situations, evaluating building damage and taking necessary steps to protect City property.
- Audits project expenditures to ensure contract compliance.
- Reviews and recommends acceptance for equipment and supplies related to building facilities work.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Researches and resolves ADA complaints via the City's ADA Coordinator.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Vocational or other technical school, training or apprenticeship required beyond high school or combination of education and experience equal to an Associates Degree.
Five years of experience including two years as a supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, training, work evaluation and discipline.
- Knowledge of operating characteristics, parts and inner workings of air conditioning, heating, and ventilation equipment, electrical systems, plumbing, pumps, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of paints, chemicals, lubricants, and other materials used in maintenance work.
- Knowledge of safety practices to be observed in building maintenance activities.
- General knowledge of all phases of construction.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the American with Disabilities Act.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership, assign responsibility, and follow through on jobs to completion.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
Must possess skills in personnel supervision, training, and in coordinating operations for assigned area of responsibility.
- Skill in the operation of personal computer including Microsoft Office, e-mail and the internet.
- Skill in project management
- Special Requirements
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy.