City of Lewisville
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Worker - Streets
at City of Lewisville
- Position Summary
Performs general maintenance tasks; repair activities for street, sidewalk, alley, and drainage areas; operates and maintains hand and power tools as needed.
- Essential Functions
- Performs general maintenance for street and drainage systems.
- Prepares equipment, vehicles, and tools for work assignments.
- Assists other crew members and co-workers as assigned.
- Subject to be on call 24 hours for emergencies and respond as necessary for area of assigned responsibility.
- Assist in the removal of concrete, setting forms, typing steel, and finishing concrete.
- Assist in repairing storm drain pipe; inlets, etc.Remove debris and other obstructions from drainage right-of-way.
- Assist in the removal and replacement of asphalt streets.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
6 months experience in a related field preferred but not required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the proper use of hand and power tools required to perform street and drainage maintenance.
- Knowledge in carpentry, compaction, and grade work.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor and to work in adverse weather conditions when needed.
- Ability to operate assigned tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Special Requirements
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical exam and functional capacity test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy.
- Must obtain a Commercial Learners Permit "CLP" for a Class "A-CDL" within 90 days of hire.
- Must Obtain a Class "A-CDL" License within 1 year of hire date.