City of Lewisville
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Lewisville
- Position Summary
Performs preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance to vehicles to include: automobiles, light trucks, medium trucks, heavy trucks, emergency service vehicles, and buses; and equipment to include: heavy construction equipment, lawn maintenance equipment, Public Services equipment and small equipment.
MECHANIC STEPS SALARY $35,060 up to a range of $56,721 depending ASE certifications:withoutcert STEP 1 STEP 2 STEP 3 STEP 4 STEP 5Annual $35,060 $36,813 $39,574 $42,543 $45,733 $48,995
MECHANIC - EVT CERTIFICATION
STEP 6 STEP 7 STEP 8
Annual $51,449 $54,020 $56,721
Please refer to 'Mechanic Skill Base Pay' requirements for payscale. Click on the link below;
NOTE: The City will be supplying the tools needed for the job and will pay for future required ASE and EVT certifications.
- Essential Functions
- Maintain fleet assets and City equipment by performing inspections, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and corrective maintenance.
- Maintain City shop and equipment.
- Performs State safety and emissions inspections.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED
1 year of experience in the repair and maintenance of gasoline and diesel vehicles, automotive mechanic experience or related field.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines including gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuel.
- Knowledge of standard and automatic transmissions, PTO drives, drive axles, steering and suspension systems.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems to include pumps, motors, valves, and fittings.
- Knowledge of fuel systems.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems.
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of braking systems.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately account for parts and materials.
- Ability to accurately input data into the maintenance software system.
- Ability to read schematics, repair manuals, parts manuals and other related documents.
- Ability to operate the state inspection system.
- Ability to safety handle chemicals, fuels, and batteries.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems.
- Skill in use of personal computer including Microsoft Office, Open Office or similar word processing programs, e-mail and the internet.
- Skill in the troubleshooting, diagnose and repair of all fleet assets and small equipment.
- Skill in operation of shop equipment and tools.
- Skill in fabrication and welding.
- Special Requirements
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical and functional capacity test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy.
- Must obtain a valid class CDL-A Texas Drivers' License with good driving record within 1 year of hire date.
- Must obtain a State of Texas Department of Public Safety Inspector's License within 1 year of hire date.
- To move through the Mechanic payscale, must obtain Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications in repair categories approved by the City.