City of Lewisville
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Traffic Technician
at City of Lewisville
- Position Summary
Performs maintenance and repair to various types of traffic signal control equipment. Maintains and operates Traffic Management System. Assigns and monitors the work activities of the work group.
- Essential Functions
- Operates and maintains the Traffic Management System.
- Monitors system-wide traffic signal operation, investigates alarms, dispatches trouble calls, and makes programming adjustments based on conditions.
- Coordinates the work of Traffic Signal Technicians.Provides technical support and monitors work of subordinates.
- Investigates reports of traffic signal malfunction.Performs repairs to traffic signal equipment.
- Assists Traffic Engineers by testing and implementing traffic signal timing plans.Monitor signal operation and traffic flow.Makes adjustments to programming based on field conditions.
- Maintains video and wireless data equipment.
- Resolves customer complaints.Communicates with citizens, contractors, and other agencies.
- Completes paperwork documenting work activities.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies for the repair of traffic signal equipment.Contacts vendors to determine pricing and availability and places orders.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Vocational or other technical school, training or apprenticeship beyond high school required. Two additional years of experience can substitute for the vocational or technical school requirement.
- 3 years of experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of traffic signals required. Experience in the operation and maintenance of video, wireless communication, and computer control equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of the common principles, practices, equipment, materials, and methods used in the set-up, maintenance, and repair of traffic control signals.
- Knowledge of traffic signal timing and controller programming parameters.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of video detection and wireless communication equipment.
- Knowledge in the set-up and operation of personal computers, including laptop computers, and related software and hardware.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system and Microsoft Office fundamentals.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to follow instructions, safety practices and standard operating procedures in performing assigned tasks.
- Ability to be punctual and attend work regularly
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, and technical manuals.
- Ability to use electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Ability to use and maintain hand tools and equipment such as a concrete saw, jackhammer, bucket truck and mechanical ditcher.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work an on-call rotation and respond to dispatched calls within 30 minutes.
- Must be able to translate and apply relevant Federal, State, and local policies for the operation, installation, and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Must be able to diagnose potential control, vehicle detection, and signal display equipment issues, and take corrective action.
- Skill in repair and troubleshoot of electrical circuits.
- Must be able to diagnose system software and hardware issues.
- Must be capable of establishing and working within a work zone with active vehicle traffic.
- Special Requirements
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and functional capacity test.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Drivers License Class "C" and good driving record as defined by City policy.
- Must possess I.M.S.A. Work Zone Safety Certification and I.M.S.A. Level II Traffic Signal Technician Certification