Cole & Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cole & Associates
LOOKING FOR A GREAT CAREER? PROBLEM SOLVED!
Cole is currently hiring a Survey Technician in our Frisco, TX office.
Cole is a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary company providing Civil Engineering, Surveying, Landscape Architecture and ADA Transition Planning services to our clients. Cole has a national corporate presence with offices in St. Louis and St. Charles, MO, Frisco, TX and Phoenix AZ. Our Frisco office is centrally located near great restaurants, shops and right outside of outstanding school districts!
While our offices and services span the US we take pride in our strong company culture. Cole is a collaborative and forward-thinking company and we believe in providing our employees with an active and fun work environment. We are multiple offices, one company!
Our robust benefits package includes competitive pay, group insurance, a retirement plan, paid vacation/paid time, flexible schedules and we support and encourage training and growth opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Possess working knowledge of survey and office software (Trimble Business Center, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word)
- Responsible for project research and drafting for all types of surveys including Boundary surveys, Topographic surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, and Elevation Certificates under the direct supervision of a Registered Professional Land Surveyor
- Ability to read and understand plats, deeds, plans, and specifications
- Ability to perform surveying calculations using Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD, and/or MicroStation (GEOPAK and/or InRoads)
- Ability to perform construction calculations in AutoCAD for layout
- Communicate with field personnel regarding daily assignments, answer questions for field personnel
- Responsible for QA/QC of all office related survey aspects
- Knowledge of Trimble surveying equipment and functionalities; field experience is a plus
- Possess effective written and oral communication skills
- Must have ability to travel
- Must be physically able to work long hours with a flexible schedule
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Reports directly to the Survey Project Manager/Survey Manager
Education and Experience Requirements:
- NSPS CST certification a plus, but not required
- High School Diploma/Associate’s Degrees/Bachelor’s Degree, depending upon qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 1 years surveying experience
- SIT a plus but not required
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona, herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.