COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Technician - Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Venue Management
- Location Name
- Spectra VM - Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
- Regular Full-Time
This position is based at our Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD) is one of the largest convention centers in the nation. Every year it welcomes over a million visitors attending major national and international conventions, meetings, concerts, athletic competitions, auto shows, and more. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the KBHCCD has been and continues to be a fixture in the Dallas skyline offering 1 million square feet of exhibit space, three ballrooms, 88 meeting rooms, 1,750-seat theater, and a 9,816-seat arena. The award-winning facility is connected to a 1,001-room hotel via skybridge and is adjacent to two Vertiport landing pads. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.dallasconventioncenter.com/
Under general direction of the Maintenance Department; position will be responsible for various equipment and facility maintenance needs. The Maintenance Technician will also assist in variety of non-skilled engineering duties as events require.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com
- Responsible for event maintenance needs- maintenance repairs, unlocking doors, taking radio calls, etc as needed.
- Perform maintenance and repair of facility doors, hardware, millwork/carpentry, seats, furniture, rails, staging, fixtures, locksmith, painting and associated equipment
- Communicate arrival, location and departure with Maintenance Manager and Event Manager
- Maintain accurate records of labor time, parts used, work accomplished through daily logs, maintenance software and allocation sheets.
- Perform variety of corrective and preventive maintenance
- Clearly, effectively and timely communicate work issues with Maintenance and Operations staff
- Read & interpret blueprints, specifications, show drawings, schematic manufacturer’s specifications and other reference materials to determine appropriate job requirements and procedures
- Assists with event set-ups and changeover maintenance needs
- Performs inspections to ensure proper safety on various equipment
- Executes general repairs and adjustments to equipment used in building and maintenance work, including emergency repairs as required
- Use and maintain various meters, test instruments, drills, saws, and other power and hand tools
- Liaison between Maintenance and Operations teams to facilitate shared use of specialized engineering tools
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement listed below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Strong ability to work well with others, independently and in a team environment with a positive attitude, and strong customer service. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and/or a minimum of 2 years progressive experience in facility maintenance. Demonstrated skill in managing multiple functions and interpersonal skills
Ability to work various workdays and hours to meet business needs including early/late hours, long days, weekends and holidays. Must be reliable and punctual.
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write daily logs, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to demonstrate technical expertise in the facility maintenance fields.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts (the machinery they operate) and is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER