COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plumber - Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Venue Management
- Location Name
- Spectra VM - Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
- Regular Full-Time
This is a highly skilled position requiring the incumbent to be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of the plumbing systems in the facility.
This position is based at our Dallas Convention Center. The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD) is one of the largest convention centers in the nation. Every year it welcomes over a million visitors attending major national and international conventions, meetings, concerts, athletic competitions, auto shows, and more. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the KBHCCD has been and continues to be a fixture in the Dallas skyline offering 1 million square feet of exhibit space, three ballrooms, 88 meeting rooms, 1,750-seat theater, and a 9,816-seat arena. The award-winning facility is connected to a 1,001-room hotel via skybridge and is adjacent to two Vertiport landing pads. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.dallasconventioncenter.com/
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Performs plumbing maintenance and repair to all center plumbing and atmospheric control systems including sprinkler systems and fountains.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Assist external maintenance contractors.
- Perform fill and drain functions that may be necessary for events and activities
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may supervise several semi-skilled trade employees
- Associate degree preferred but not required.
- 5+ years’ technical and trade experience in the plumbing field.
- Understanding of the current regulations within the plumbing field.
- Knowledge of the techniques and tools, equipment or apparatus used in the plumbing trade.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Good mathematical, organizational and attention to detail skills/abilities required.
- Person must be able to lift heavy objects of varying weight and size.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices, materials and tools used in the plumbing trade.
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the plumbing trade.
- Ability to prepare and work from sketches and plans and to understand oral and written instructions.
- Some general training and/or experience with other skilled trades highly desired.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Current plumbing license required.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER