COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Irrigation Technician - Fair Park
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Venue Management
- Location Name
- Spectra VM - Dallas Fair Park
- Regular Full-Time
Spectra is seeking a Sr. Irrigator Technician for our operation at Dallas Fair Park, located in Dallas, TX. Performs journey level work in the installation, repair, and maintenance of irrigation systems on Dallas Fair Park property to ensure effective sprinkler system watering of park areas and playing field.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com
- Designs sprinkler systems or studies design plans to determine layout and locations of proposed sprinkler
- heads, pipe locations, and verifies design plans with topography to ensure consistency of blue-prints with
- actual requirements of the location.
- Installs irrigation systems by assembling pipe, valves, timing devices, programs controllers, and other related
- hardware to complete new sprinkler systems or modify existing systems to correct water deficiencies.
- Performs as a lead worker and provides direction and training to helpers to ensure proper work and safety
- procedures are followed.
- Performs inspections to determine if systems meet state and municipal codes, makes repairs such as replacing
- damaged parts, and assesses preventive maintenance status of sprinkler systems.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as trenchers, backhoes, and front-end loaders to facilitate the installation
- or modification to irrigation systems.
- Communicates with other departments, vendors, contractors, utility companies and citizens to ensure
- coordinated activities.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Knowledge of irrigation system principles and practices including hydraulics, control devices, piping requirements.
- Knowledge of state regulations and codes related to irrigation systems.
- Ability to diagnose problems with irrigation systems and familiarity with parts, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of management, city officials,
- vendors, other government agencies, other employees and the general public.
- A Texas Irrigator's License is required.
Working Condiditions and Hazards
- Works outside with occasional exposure to inclement weather.
- Requires carrying, dragging, holding, pulling, pushing, lifting, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing, constant walking and looking up.
- Subject to 24-hour emergency calls.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this classification and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER