Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Institutional Trust Business Development Officer
at Comerica Bank
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 8 years of Institutional Investment products
- 5 years of related experience in sales
Institutional Trust New Business Development Officer, Vice President
The Institutional Trust/Investment Management New Business Development Officer (NBDO) role will be responsible for planning, conducting and executing a calling and sales campaign for an assigned territory, encompassing all products offered by Institutional Trust and Comerica Asset Management Group. The NBDO is responsible for maintaining a prescribed sales pipeline, conducting a minimum level of sales call activity and achieving stated new business revenue goals. This role will also adhere to the calling strategy, prospect identification process and activity goals set by the National Sales Manager. This role will also maintain a high standard of business ethics and teamwork, as well as developing productive partnerships within Corporate Banking and other referral sources. In additional, this role will be charged with maintaining a high level of prospect and consultant calling activity, responding to Requests For Proposal, preparing and delivering pricing proposals and fee quotes; conducting sales presentations for prospects and consultants is also a regular part of this role. There will be 50% travel, mostly by air, with frequent multi-night trips are required.
- Determining how best to implement the sales strategy set forth by the sales manager, setting the criteria for prospect identification.
- Calling on financial advisors and 401(k) platform providers to present all assigned products in pursuit of achieving assigned new business revenue goal.
- Cold calling for appointments with prospects/consultants, planning and arranging the logistics of calling trips, coordinating these trips with other bank personnel, follow up correspondence/phone calls after making sales call.
- Responding to Requests for Proposal, preparation of call agendas, customized sales materials and other follow up items.
- Development and maintenance of internal referral sources, fulfilling internal reporting requirements, attending internal training sessions.
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Biltmore, Comerica Bank Center, Comerica Bank Tower, Costa Mesa Regional Office, Delaware Trust, Florida Headquarters, Los Angeles Regional Office, NDS-Illinois, San Francisco Embarcadero, TLS-Boston
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check, fingerprint check and a drug test.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.