Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java Developer Staff Engineer Auburn Hills
at Comerica Bank
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering from an accredited university OR High School Diploma or GED and 12 years of technology experience
- 4 years leading technology projects with medium to large size projects
- 4 years identifying technical solutions for business problems - identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
- 4 years design experience with 2 years advanced design experience
- 2 years full life cycle development in an enterprise development environment
- 2 years configuration management concepts and tools
- 2 years design and modeling tools
- 2 years working in a DevOps model
- 2 years of experience with Java/J2EE, Hibernate/JPA and Spring framework, Restful Web Service, JMS, MQ, Junit, AWS technologies
- 2 years of experience contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle from initial requirements gathering through production support
- 1 year of experience with configuration management and CI/CD automation tools such as GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible and Docker
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization.
The Staff Engineer role will provide engineering support for complex system management activities related to system software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. This role will also provide technical input to management decision making in the area of software, hardware, and performance. The responsibilities for this role will include defining networking requirements; performing detailed analysis of various projects and requests; developing designs for projects that have medium to high complexity; formulating procedures; monitoring key performance indicators; and implementing advanced business solutions. The role may also integrate systems or operate in a DevOps model depending on the maturity of the organization and/or product.
Design & Methodology
- Investigate & propose a strategic fit solution technology.
- Work closely with Business Units, Application teams, infrastructure areas & Vendors to identity, review & evaluate the solution requirements.
- Investigate & propose strategic fits for Virtualization, Consolidation & Rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business.
- Propose changes to the technical design solutions as applicable.
- Review & provide recommendation/input if/as applicable on new technologies/roadmap/presentations and Vendor product offerings specific to "System" Server, System Software technologies & Solutions & products.
- Evaluate & align strategic fit solutions across platforms & solutions specific to "System" hardware & software technologies. Understand, participate, review & influence long term capacity planning & technology investments.
- Provide Client consulting & planning guidance as applicable for moderate to complex projects/programs. Provide consultation & works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational / business goals & objectives.
- Participate in and provides consulting & planning guidance on short term & long term planning in order to meet ongoing business & operational needs.
- Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of complex systems & assures it is aligned to our established strategies, guiding principles, rationales & practices.
- Develop & provide estimates for projects/programs & initiatives during consulting, planning & implementation review if/as applicable for projects & initiatives.
Planning & Organizing
- Identify & evaluate projects/programs/initiatives & design processes that enhance & rationalize existing and upcoming solutions.
- Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology & provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives. Review and propose alternate solutions to non-standard solutions if/as applicable to meet business & applications needs.
- Review, identify & manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis as appropriate.
- Assist & provide guidance on complex/ large project/program planning phases & process.
- Direct and/or indirect management responsibility for large to enterprise size projects/programs/initiatives/services with high complexity across multiple functional area(s).
- Participate in CAB/ECAB and active assess risk of proposed changes.
- Review, participate, develop (if/as applicable) & update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales & strategies.
- Evaluate, review & approve highly complex design solutions for business & Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participates in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
- Keep abreast of leading edge technologies in engineering space.
- Estimating cost saving targets.
- Budget low cost hosting provider.
8am to 5pm
Auburn Hills Technical Center
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check, fingerprint check and a drug test.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica's more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.