Cook Children's Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician,OP/C Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon Position - Cardiothoracic Surgeon
at Cook Children's Health Care System
We have an excellent opportunity for a Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon. Our Pediatric Cardiothoracic surgery team consists of three Cardiothoracic Surgeons and two Advanced Practice Providers. The new surgeon will join the well-established Heart Center team of two invasive pediatric cardiologists, three electrophysiologists and ten non-invasive cardiologists. Seven cardiac specific pediatric anesthesiologists, a dedicated 14-bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Stepdown unit and Cardiac pre/post unit. The integrated Heart Center consists of two cardiac catheterization labs, two exclusive cardiovascular operating rooms and one hybrid cath/cardiovascular surgery room. Our echocardiography lab consists of 4 rooms, ICEAL accredited with digital capabilities.
Located in Fort Worth, Texas, Cook Children's Medical center is a 443-bed tertiary care pediatric hospital that is continually recognized as one of the nation's premier private children's healthcare systems and has been ranked by US News and World Report within the top 30 Best Children's Hospitals.
Other Programmatic Highlights:
· Long established and reputable surgical program led by Vincent Tam, Medical Director Cardiothoracic Surgery.
· New office and surgical tower space completed in 2017 with digital echo and cMRI.
· Busy surgical practice averaging 450 plus procedures per calendar year.
· Two star ranked program, publicly reported by the Society of Thoracic Surgery.
· Heart Center dedicated Quality improvement nurse coordinator.
· Heart Center dedicated Research Project Manager.
· STS database and PC4 database coordinators.
· ELSO recognized Center of Excellence ECMO program.
· Nationally modeled transport program.
· Healthcare environment nationally recognized for its efficiency and quality outcomes.
· Full access to comprehensive subspecialty support and community pediatrician networks.
· Referral base of fifteen Pediatric Cardiologist within the group.
· Strong community history for philanthropic support.
· Strong clinical research support including campus IRB, grant writing support, research nurse and dedicated PhD statistician.
· Nationally competitive compensation and benefits package.
Must obtain an unrestricted Texas Medical License before commencement of employment.
Must be BC/BE in Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery.
Cook Children's Health Care System is a not-for-profit, nationally recognized pediatric health care organization comprised of seven entities – a Medical Center, Physician Network, Home Health company, Northeast Hospital, Pediatric Surgery Center, Health Plan and Health Foundation. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, the integrated system has more than 60 primary and specialty care offices throughout North Texas. Its service region includes Denton, Hood, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise counties, with an additional referral area encompassing nearly half the state.
Cook Children's traces its roots back to 1918, but throughout its continual change and robust growth, it still embraces an inspiring promise – to improve the health of every child in its region through the prevention and treatment of illness, disease and injury. To live up to this promise, Cook Children's combines the art of caring with the use of leading technology and extraordinary collaboration to provide exceptional care for every child, every day.
Cook Children's Physician Network is the largest pediatric multi-specialty physician group in North Texas. The network is comprised of more than 300 physicians who provide medical care in primary care pediatric subspecialty practices located primarily in the greater Fort Worth metropolitan area and surrounding communities.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, M/F/Disability/Vet.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet