Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-Op - Spring / Summer 2020 - Firmware Engineering
at Crestron Electronics
- Job ID
At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have exciting opportunities for a Co-op Student (January - August 2020) to join our Firmware Engineering team in Plano, Texas!
- Design, develop, implement, debug and maintain embedded real time applications for Linux and Android based products in Java, C, & C++ development environments.
- Work closely with other software and hardware engineers to solve design issues.
- Responsible for design and implementation of new device features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for the maintenance of current software including: feature enhancements, performance increases, troubleshooting, testing, and bug fixing.
- Providing technical documentation (test procedures, design specifications, etc.)
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in either Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Must be available to work 20-30 hours per week during the spring semester (beginning January 2020) and up to 40 hours per week during the summer (late May - early August 2020)
- Must be commutable to and from the Plano, TX area for the duration of the co-op period
- Knowledge in both user-level and kernel-level development
- Experience with building source code packages from scratch for specific non-intel processors
- Experience with TCP/IP, socket programming, and multi-threaded application development
- Experience with microprocessors and embedded system development
- Demonstrated debugging and problem-solving skills
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a "student mentality" possessing a long term desire to work in the Firmware Engineering space