Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Req ID
- Primary Work Location : Location
- Human Resources/Recruiting
# of Openings
The Instructional Designer creates engaging learning activities, compelling course content and practice experiences with a goal of facilitating learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner. Works with subject matter experts while identifying the target audiences training needs. Applies tested instructional design theories, practice and methods in the development of training programs.
- Conducts in-depth needs analysis to identify learning objectives, and to determine training solutions or other performance enhancement solutions (e.g., management reinforcement, rewards, role clarity, job aids, etc.).
- Consults with stakeholders to develop individual training program goals, overall program objectives, and module objectives.
- Applies knowledge of instructional design theory to create learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Creates new training programs from scratch, with some manager guidance, starting with conducting a formal analysis of training needs.
- Applies knowledge of adult learning theory to identify appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, course content, audience location, point within the learning process, etc. Content may be created for traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-Learning modules or a blend of approaches.
- Develops sophisticated training content including eLearning modules, interactive PDF materials, videos, simulation exercises, role plays, games, group lecture, self-study, on-the-job training, computer-based training or other methodologies as appropriate. May include researching, selecting, and modifying existing training curriculum, content, materials, and/or job aids to meet learning needs.
- Implements and troubleshoots SCORM and AICC content within a Learning Management System.
- Designs evaluation strategies, criteria, and tools to determine whether desired learning and performance outcomes are achieved. Reviews program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program improvement.
- Handles vendor management, statements of work, and timelines to include coordination of resources and ensuring quality of product and service levels delivered.
- Maintains project documentation, files, and course folders.
This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Individuals will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Adult Learning, Learning and Development or related degree preferred. A minimum of 4 years of training and content design experience. Prior experience should include working with moderately complex content and designing training for multiple delivery modalities (traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-Learning modules, community learning). Excellent knowledge of learning theories, instructional design models, and training evaluation methods. Lesson and curriculum planning skills, visual design skills and the ability to storyboard. Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts.
Skills and Experience: A minimum of 4 years of training and content design experience. Prior experience should include working with moderately complex content and designing training for multiple delivery modalities (traditional classroom, online classroom, self-paced e-Learning modules, community learning). Excellent knowledge of learning theories, instructional design models, and training evaluation methods. Lesson and curriculum planning skills, visual design skills and the ability to storyboard. Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio/video scripts. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with eLearning authoring tools, and graphic design tools, specifically Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate; Articulate Storyline, Rise. Solid knowledge of at least one Learning Management System - SuccessFactors or PeopleFluent preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to be able to:
- Sit, stand, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and/or other peripherals.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Light to moderate lifting may be required from time-to-time
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Working Conditions: Primarily office environment with mild to moderate noise levels. Frequent interaction with co-workers, vendors and consultants.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.