Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Electrical Engineer
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
Cummings Electrical, a leading provider of electrical contracting services in DFW, is currently recruiting for the position of Associate Electrical Engineer, to help support our company growth and meet its strategic objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to work on a project team with other electrical engineers engaged in the planning, design, upgrade, and modification of large electrical projects. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader Electrical Engineering knowledge and experience. This role teaches and applies established procedures and techniques in accomplishment of work activities.
Performing under the direction and supervision of the Senior Electrical Engineer, this role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below:
- Assist electrical engineers with electrical system designs for electrical commercial projects
- Perform and check calculations, specify electrical equipment, and solve problems of engineering complexity
- Develop knowledge of Electrical design in power distribution, lighting, single line diagrams, and load calculations
- Check that designs and finished products follow specifications, regulations and contract details
- Participate in equipment and material procurement activities
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Job Requirements
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with less than 2 years of engineering experience with a concentration in commercial and industrial large construction projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Engineer-in-Training achievement status accomplished
- Strong aptitude for Mathematics
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code
- Knowledge of electrical power fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of single and three phase power systems
- Practical field experience
- Able to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer software skills including MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Programming, Visual or SKM
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.