Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Estimator (Commercial/Utility)
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
Cummings Electrical is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator with 5 years’ experience and advanced knowledge of all standard electrical systems in commercial, transmission, distribution and substation construction projects. The Estimator is an integral part of the electrical construction process and ensures competitiveness, profitability and growth. The ideal candidate will provide estimating services including quality take-offs, and utilize B2W (Bid 2 Win) estimating software. Responsibilities include, developing accurate, competitive, and profitable bid proposals for a variety of projects, and ensuring that the Company’s best interests are represented, including profitability and cost control.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant documents to identify what is needed to create a bid proposal
- Calculates the cost of electrical construction based on reviewing and evaluating available documents
- Consults with clients, vendors and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Attends job site walk-throughs with other estimators as necessary to ensure that any field conditions that may potentially affect or impact the construction, prospective bid or pre-construction designs are properly handled
- Work alongside other estimators, project managers and project engineers on change orders and cost to complete estimates of ongoing projects
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while taking into account specific job conditions that may affect labor and material to be purchased and installed
- Anticipates potential problems and is proactive by taking action
- Requests material and equipment quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers.
- Reviews quotes to confirm adherence to quote specifications and accuracy of quotes received
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with vendors
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each project, evaluations with adjustments for buy-outs, labor rate, productivity, etc. and Identifies any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other problems
- Designs electrical service systems for projects including building and pre-construction services
- Attend estimating/sales meetings, and project meetings to discuss bid status, and present/solve problems
- Meets with general contractors and site personnel, as needed
- Keeps company personnel, clients, general contractors, and all others current on bid progress
- Ability to read and understand civil, architectural, structural, mechanical plans and specifications as they relate to electrical and/or other utility work
- Understanding of Civil construction related to substation, transmission, and other utility T&D projects
- Understanding of power delivery, including substations and transmission lines
- Able to provide accurate, detailed and competitive estimates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years construction industry experience in the commercial and utility space, and accustomed to estimating for projects valued at $3 million and above
- Proficient with MS Suite & Outlook and experience utilizing Accubid, B2W, and Bluebeam Revu, or other applicable estimating software
- Thorough knowledge of the electrical field with familiarity in materials and construction methods
- Knowledgeable of the N.E.C and local codes
- Strong computer skills and adept at learning new software
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and self-motivated
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits offered; Health, Dental, Vision & 401K.