Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Project Engineer
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing value and to support the project team by assisting the Project Manager in a variety of functions including, evaluation, organization, and execution of project management assignments on electrical construction projects. This role learns about and applies established procedures and techniques in accomplishment of work activities. with the overall objective of managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the contract and ensure the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this entry-level position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience. This role learns about and applies established procedures and techniques in accomplishment of work activities. Performing under the direction supervision of the Project Manager, this role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below.
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned.)
- Develops submittal log, participate in subcontractor project orientation meetings, communicate and coordinate submittals and coordination drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent
- Actively participates in subcontractor project orientation. Project Administration, Coordination and Close-out
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time
- Customer focused with ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships while meeting the company’s needs
- Participates in personal career development through on-the-job training, attends operations classroom training programs and assists in the development of interns
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments and task
- Proactive reporting of progress and accomplishments of assignments and apply necessary follow-up to monitor progress and results of project tasks and assignments
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. degree in Construction Science, Management, Engineering, or other related field position.
- 3 - 4 years of relevant construction related trade experience.
- Must possess the technical skills and knowledge required to perform essential tasks in an efficient and effective manner
- Analytical approach to problem solving and identifying potential solutions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with technical teams, crossfunctional teams and suppliers
- Effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback
- Uses verbal and written skills effectively to ensure that information is successfully shared throughout the organization
- Good math and problem solving skills are required
- Thoroughly familiar with National Electrical Code preferred
- Adaptable, innovative, and eager to continue learning and growing with the company’s direction
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, communicates effectively at all levels of the organization, and lead through influence – with the purpose of driving change and delivering positive outcomes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook Exchange.
- Values and incorporates contributions of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Winning attitude that motivates people, and a results orientation
The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Salary requirements commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision and 401K.