Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Project Manager
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
Please include your project list along with your resume, when applying for this position. Project list must include your designated title and range of value for each project listed.
The Electrical Project Manager is responsible for directing and supervising activities related to the planning and monitoring of commercial and industrial construction projects, from inception to completion. Members of our project management team provide leadership and development in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams to ensure continued profitability and growth.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional responsibilities may also be assigned.)
- Manage, submittals, budgets, schedules and all other aspects necessary for a successful project
- Maintain and foster contacts with consultants, contractors, vendors, and material suppliers
- Serve as an interface between the Electrical Engineering team and internal clients, including the Construction, Operations, and Safety, to facilitate interdepartmental relations
- Assist with the development of new electrical engineering standards and maintain and improve existing standards and guidelines, implementing industry and company best practices
- Ensure the estimated cost is optimized by providing accurate project layouts and bills of material takeoffs with constructability and operability needs
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding some electrical engineering activities
- Interact closely with internal teams to ensure that project needs and objectives are met
- Lead or participate in project meetings and conference calls
- Participate in engineering, design, and construction review processes
- Lead and conduct value-engineering studies of alternative design approaches
- Interpret plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction
- Coordinate project construction with other trades to resolve critical and time-sensitive issues
- Lead or assist with investigations, including root cause analysis as needed
- Additional duties as required
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Submission of Request for Information to clients
- Coordinating meetings, scheduling, submitting deliverables and addressing outstanding 'open items' as requested by clients
- Preparation of look-ahead documents and weekly/monthly progress reports
- Reviewing and monitoring job costs versus budgets
- Reporting to management team
- Keeping emphasis on the client, develop an understanding of the client's culture, key people and processes
- Provide guidance and direction for estimators during the estimation process
- Manage and assist project layout and coordination
- Oversee quality assurance and quality control programs.
- Coordinate work with Purchasing to ensure that requested material is expedited and received as needed for the construction of a project
- Resolve inter-group conflicts, project conflicts and delays as required to meet project construction goals
- The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of progressively responsible experience in the electrical construction industry, with a concentration in commercial and industrial large construction projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field is preferred or previous work as Licensed Electrician/Supervisor
Proven commitment to their past employers demonstrated by 5 or more years at each previous company (Please explain if you have less than four years at any single company)
- Ability to prepare construction schedules
- Prior knowledge and/or ability to learn and understand the estimating process
- Safety True Believer
- Proficiency with MS Excel and Word is required
- Exposure to Accubid a plus
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills required
- Ability to be mobile to various locations and available to travel to project areas as project needs are required
- Willing to travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits offered; Health, Dental, Vision & 401K.