Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cummings Electrical
- Job Locations
- US-TX-Fort Worth
The Layout Advisor will work with project teams engaged in the design, upgrade and modification of electrical construction models and documents in CAD, Revit and Navisworks. This person will work on fast-tracked projects, should be self-motivated and require minimal supervision while working on multiple projects in both an office and project site environment.
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding vacancies with this position.
- Ability to take a set of drawings and layout the electrical installations for others to install from which will require coordination between structural, architectural, special systems and all MEP drawings
- Work closely with field personnel to ensure the quality/accuracy of the drawings and installation (will require periodic visits to job sites)
- Basic knowledge or desire to learn how to prepare CAD or BIM drawings
- Interact with clients, manufacturers, and design team members to complete assigned tasks under the direction of our senior staff
- Attend client meetings with senior design staff members and prepare meeting notes
- Perform project onsite surveys
- Perform field observations and prepare field reports
- Provide general assistance to other design staff members
- Ability to manage multiple electrical construction projects simultaneously, coordinate installation and create drawings with field personnel based on construction documents/details, following NEC codes
- Attend coordination meetings to resolve conflicts and verify constructability of a model
- Communicate between multiple trades and general contractors informing each of issues/conflicts with proposed installation and resolutions
- High school diploma or equivalent and Journeyman license required
- Min 5 years’ experience as a Project Superintendent; preferred but not required
- Ability to learn basic level BIM Processes and required software; Revit MEP, AutoCAD, Navisworks and Bluebeam
- Has a vast knowledge of NEC Code requirements and different AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) requirements above NEC Code
- Thorough knowledge of the electrical field with familiarity in materials and construction methods
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Has held a supervisory/leadership role and has the ability and knowledge to make sound decisions with regards to means and methods for installation of all required component’s necessary for our scope
- Has been involved with multiple types of electrical construction (Multi-Family, Medical, Office, Retail, Industrial, Sub-Station, Wind Energy, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Strong work ethic and capable of interacting with other teams
- Knowledge to read and understand all documentation, drawings, schematics and details necessary for accurate layouts
- Knowledge to think outside the box
- Comes up with new and innovative ideas to enhance the overall success of each project
- Self-motivation and driven to meet the construction schedule deadlines
All applicants will be subject to background check and drug screen.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits offered; Health, Dental, Vision & 401K.